Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Requested Review: Sivanna Colours Smokey & Brown Eyeshadow Palette!

                  Hello Dolls! Today I will be reviewing the Sivanna Colours Eye shadow Palettes in Smokey & Brown. I had bought this quite sometime back and use it very very often. This review was requested by Nivedita from MakeupAndChitChat. Sivanna Colours has become quite popular in the blogosphere.  I use to use the products even before it became popular. I love the variety of makeup that they offer at such an amazing rate. So let's head on with the review! 

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I had better pictures of this but there is a problem with my IPad! :(

Price: INR 350 ( Prices may vary )
Shades: Pink, Natural, Naked, Smokey and Brown

These eye shadows are a very similar dupe of the NYX eye shadow palettes and even share the same names. The palettes have a sponge tip applicator which is of decent quality so no complaints!


Smokey: Is it just me or I am sold when I see a beautiful purple eye shadow? It was the same with this palette.
 L-R: This Silver-Grey is a beautiful shade. It is my kind of silver. It is more like gun metal. This shade is very smooth to touch and has good pigmentation. Blends without a fuss.
The second shade is a matte black and you maybe already disappointed with the swatch. I think this black has a good, smooth buildable pigmentation. I like this black because sometimes when I want to do a black smokey eye, I go for this. It is more forgiving against my colouring. I still love a super matte black though!
The third shade..... Let us take a moment to appreciate this shade. Okay done! This plummy purple is soooo gorgeous and I was crossing my fingers before using it the first time. It has the same pigmentation and smoothness as the first shade. Love it!
The fourth: I like it for slight brightening when I do not want to use any shimmer for highlighting and that's about it. NEXT!
Fifth Shade: This shade is a very helpful transitional shade on my colouring. I did want it to be more pigmented. This shade would not even show up on on my Dolls with darker skin! 
Sixth Shade: I love this one. It is smooth, decent in pigmentation, defines my crease beautifully and an amazing contouring shade on my colouring. 

Overall: Although it is a good palette, I do wish that the last three eye shadows had better pigmentation. Also, the shades cater to a very limited number of skin tones. If you do have extremely pigmented lids then I don't think it would show much except for the first three shades. Recommended!



Brown: I use this palette quite often. I used it in my very recent Adele makeup tutorial and Adele MOTD
First Shade (L-R), a matte brown with a good, smooth pigmentation. It would make a great transitional shade for my wheatish dolls. I like to use this shade to define my crease in some eye makeup looks. 
Second shade, I like this shade on top of eye primer as my base eye shadow. This shade also helps me blend the harsh edges of any look. It has a smooth and decent pigmentation. This shade however, might not show up on darker skinned dolls! 
Third Shade, this shade is a taupy brown and I love this shade to define outer corners and my crease. It has a good and smooth pigmentation and texture.
Fourth Shade, This shade is slightly warmer than the first shade. It has golden shimmers which is not OTT and looks quite pretty. 
Fifth Shade, this one is a common shade between both the palettes. This is a wee bit warmer and a bit more sheer. Once again, a great shade for contouring for me and also a good one for slight definition in the crease. 
Sixth Shade, the best in this palette for sure! It is a very beautiful bronzey brown and has good pigmentation and really smooth to touch. I love it!

Overall: I use this palette quite often as it is very helpful for me BUT those who are dark skinned and have really pigmented lids, this palette too will have a bit of problem showing up on your lids except for the darker colours. Also, I will be very honest and say that the palette should not have two similar looking browns (1st&4th shade). They should have replaced it with a beautiful golden shade and a rose gold shade. I know the palette's name is Brown but similar shades in a palette really puts me off! Overall though, I would say it's a great palette at a good budget and I use this almost every time! Recommended! 

I will also have to say that these palettes are priced well so they do perform well for the price. They last for 4 hours without a primer and with a primer, they last much longer! You cannot go wrong with these palettes because they are very friendly to use. These palettes are available on flipkart. I bought this from Kolkata itself. I have quite a few sivanna products and I really like them!

Do let me know it you have any queries. Do you have any Sivanna Colours favourites or tried any of their products?

Much Love,
Emmy <3.

40 comments:

  1. I get sold when I see purple eye shadow too :D I keep telling myself I don't need more pallet whom am I kidding, I might get the Brown palette. I have their Shimmer brick, its uhhmazing :) Lovely review....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their shimmer brick is amazing! I have their lip crayons too and they are sooo good! Funny thing is that I hardly use purple eye shadow but I get fascinated towards them! :P
      Thank you Swathi! <3

      Delete
  2. I like the second palette. They are so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very! A very good one for the price! Thank you for stopping by Shampita! <3

      Delete
  3. That purple just stopped my heartbeat.. :p well reviewed..!!
    Where can I get that palette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharmisthaaaa! Thank you for stopping by! <3
      The purple is gorgeous! I got this from Vardaan market basement. One shops has lots of Sivanna goods! You can also get these in metro plaza in a store called Fantasy. xx

      Delete
  4. I NEED these in my life. Where in Kolkata did you buy these from? I am now about to lose my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Please do not lose your sleep! :P
      I got these from a shop in Vardaan market basement. He sells a lot of sivanna stuffs and other goodies. There is also a shop in Metro Plaza called Fantasy and they sell Sivanna too! You can see that I roam too much :P

      Delete
    2. Next time you go , we are prowling together.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They really are! Thank you for stopping by Doll! ♡

      Delete
  6. Looks pretty good! The overall intensity seems fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good for the price! Thanks for stopping by Doll ♡

      Delete
  7. How gorgeous is that purple! I'm on a buying ban for palettes ( I have 4 enormous ones) but I'm so, so tempted. I saw this brand recently on Flipkart & was wondering whether to buy. Thanks for the review, this goes on my wishlist
    A Keypad Ninth Tourist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! The purple is surely the star of the palette! Do check them out! xx

      Delete
  8. both the palette looks beautiful, but I personally would prefer the brown one...

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are beautiful Swati! The brown is a great choice for everyday! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. I liked the Brown palette. Great detailed review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown is a great palette for everyday! Thanks Doll ♡

      Delete
  10. These palettes look great ! They are so reasonably priced. I am yet to give this brand a try!
    Have a nice day!
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is great for the price! Thank you Doll.. have a nice day! ♡

      Delete
  11. The pricing is too good to believe! Will surely check it out if they are available online! Please do an EOTD post using these palettes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Doll! I will do an EOTD using only these two if you wish, along with the eyebrow routine post you requested! ♡

      Delete
  12. Nice review Emmy..I personally like the brown palette more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you much Megha! The brown one is surely great! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. The price range is so affordable and am loving this brand off late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's very affordable. I'm in love with the brand too! ♡

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. It sure is a beautiful one! Thanks for stopping by Doll ♡

      Delete
  16. They are cheap! i definitely want some more :) love the purple shade!
    beautiful post :)
    xoxo
    Mony www.stylepeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. From Which shop in Kolkata did you buy this

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Which shop in Kolkata did you buy this

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Which shop in Kolkata did you buy this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear, thanks for stopping by! I had bought this from vardaan market from one shop (which has sadly shut now). However, you can find them in Metro Plaza (Fantasy store)! Hope I helped! ♡

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx