Hello Dolls! This post was requested by Anurima from KohlandStilettos. Anurima had asked me about my eyebrow routine and frankly speaking, I didn't know how to go about it. Reasons are:
1. I thread/tweeze and trim my own brows and shaped them myself. Don't ask about my first few times. Ever.
2. I take pictures from my phone. Hence, posing while threading or plucking is like some stunt for me.
About My Eyebrows:
- I got very very scarce eyebrows. Empty spaces in my eyebrows are as depressing as the empty spaces in my life. LOL.
- A black eyebrow pencil/shadow makes my eyebrows look like shinchan (a cartoon boy with super thick rectangular brows). A brown eyebrow pencil/shadow makes it look like my eyebrows had some cadbury chocolate. So a grey suited me until..
I highlighted my hair....and find dark browns the best!
Here is a picture of my natural looking brows. If you did not check this post then click HERE.
And this one is a picture where my brows are more dramatic! Check out the Buttterfly Post! If you like Rihanna, then check my Fall MOTD where EVERYTHING is bold. From brows to eye shadow to lips!
Compare the two pictures above. It might not be very noticeable but if you check my Adele Eye Makeup Tutorial, you will be able to see a good difference.
When I have to do natural brows, I use only one shade of eyebrow pencil/shadow (taupy brown). With that one shade, I just define the outer arch of my brows and fill the rest of the eyebrow with the remaining product on the brush. Brush it with a spoolie to soften it and I am sorted.
When I have to do more dramatic brows, I use two shades of eyebrow pencil/shadow. Darker one to fill the outer arch and the lighter one to fill in the remaining eyebrows. Brush it with a spoolie to blend it and done. I do not use eyebrow wax or anything. If it is VERY unruly, I groom it with aloe vera gel, hair gel/spray or a liquid lipstick sealer (yes, you read that right!). It is very rarely that I set it with anything because it is good enough!
Favorite Brow Products:
1. Maybelline New York Fashion Brow in Brown. Dolls, if you did not buy this product by now, you are missing out on amazing stuff! Even a beginner can use this!
2. Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown. I love this when I have to darken my brows a bit but I cannot use it alone as it is quite warm.
3. Konad Drawing Style Eyebrow in Dark Brown. I am surprised that it is not very popular because this one is really good! It is so easily to blend if you go a bit overboard and the quantity is a lot! I have been using it since a long time and I have not even made half way through!
4. Meis Eyebrow Powder. I picked this up from some random shop in the market and it turned out to be such a good product! I use this on almost ALL my EOTDS. Oh and I even got three brow stencils. All sealed very well. Only for INR 120. Whaaaaa?
5. Nyx Eyebrow Gel. To be honest, this one is a PAIN to squeeze out of the tube. I really liked this because it stayed forever and my "brows were on fleek". The shade however was just too chocolaty (my fault partly cause I chose the wrong shade). I cannot afford to use it alone.
6. Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel is like one of the only brands that has clear aloe vera gel. I use this for everything and my brows too at times! Does a decent job at it!
7. Pick up any hair spray, spray it on your spoolie and it will do a fantastic job.
8. Lipcote Lipstick Sealer. Yes, funny part is that I never used it to set lipstick. LOL. However, one day my brows needed trimming and I didn't have the time so I thought to myself that if this seals in lipstick, it should seal in brows too right? (I made no sense). So there I was, coating my spoolie with the sealer and applying it on my brows. Very impressed! My eyebrows looked tamed and it wasn't hard or anything. Very natural.
Before I end the post, I would have to say that my Desi Dolls are so blessed with beautiful eyebrows! I always admired them and wish I have brows like you all because mine are sparse. Most of my friends don't even need any brow product cause their eyebrows are so beautiful. I will not be ungrateful. So I will say that I like the fact that I maintain my own eyebrows. No arguing with the parlour ladies for anything! ;)
Do let me know your favourite product dolls and if you have had any horrible eyebrow experience! (First time, my eye brows were so thin that my mother refused to let me go out. LOL!)
Ping me for requests or anything you wish and do be updated with me on social media and tag me everywhere if you wish! :)