Monday, 10 June 2013

REVIEW: Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Creme ( HG so far )

               Hello everyone! Today I am reviewing one of my favourite concealers so far! I have horrible acne and dark circles and I'm always finding a good concealer for myself. The Indian market does not have good concealers for heavy under eyes I feel. I remember spending months and months reading reviews of concealers but none of them seemed to cover very dark marks or dark circles. Concealers are one of the most under rated products. For me, my concealers ALWAYS come first! I cannot live without my concealer! Recently I was strolling in the market when I saw a shop hoarding kryolan products. You will see quite a few kryolan posts. I really like kryolan products for the professional quality at affordable rates. They even have 120 shades to choose from! Here's my favourite concealer so far!




KRYOLAN DERMACOLOR CAMOUFLAGE CREME:






QUANTITY: 

I have got the 4 ml pack. They have a bigger one too


SHADES:

Every shade for every skin tone!

PRICE:
4 ml costs INR 350/- so reasonable! I don't know the price for the bigger ones. These small containers will last for a long long time!

INGREDIENTS:

Very long list. Forgot to take pictures! :(



WHAT IT SAYS ROUGHLY IN THE LONG LIST:

- Dermacolor is recommended as a camouflage cosmetic for skin problems ( They have given listed the various problems. It is said the conceal the worst skin problems too ). 
- The skin problems are water proofed 
- Does not need touch ups. Suits sensitive skin. No toxic or allergic reactions. Non - comodogenic
- Experts recomment to buy 2-3 different shades as skin colour changes from time to time. 
- They have even given ways to use Dermacolor properly.




MY EXPERIENCE:

Tub like packaging. Very sturdy and travel friendly. The tub is quite small. I somehow manage to swirl my ring finger on it. Those with long nails will need a brush.

The consistency is creamy and thick! DO NOT put a think layer on skin problems. It becomes very very CAKEY! To get the application right, read the slip given with the product and build the product up little by little. It says, " Apply dermacolor thinly and evenly with a slightly dampened sponge or fingers till 2 cm past the edge of the blemish, and blend at the edges ".

I have picked up shade D4 and D3 which blend to my skin tone. D3 being more yellow.







These are buildable. You can get any coverage. You can use a very thin layer for everyday or build up to camouflage skin problems. These products WILL look cakey if you just pat tons of it ( telling you after some experiences. Don't worry I was a makeup disaster too many times. You will come to know more about it! =P ). These HAVE to be warmed up for easy blending. I find these formula's quite thick for my under eyes ( I prefer liquid for my under eyes ). I avoid building them up on my under eyes cause they are waterproof. So a thick layer would be difficult to remove and I have fine lines under my eyes. I do not want to use too much this! Because I don't build these up under my eyes, it doesn't hide my horrible dark circles flawlessly but it makes tons of difference and makes my eyes look awake. After application, these settle in my fine lines under my eyes. Be sure to remove the access with a ear bud and then powder it up. 


I love this concealer as it conceals anything well! It's even waterproof! I have worn this a lot of times for 6 hours too and got good results. You will need to powder your under eyes and touch up if its extremely humid! This needs good blending and warming up for good results so I don't use it when I don't have time on hand. What's the best part is that you can use this product as a foundation all over the face and skip concealer. I do this all the time for LOTD's and events. You get excellent and flawless results! For those who have the TV paint stick, it is just like the TV paint stick. Initially it feels heavy but feels light after sometime. Even as a foundation it photographs BEAUTIFULLY! I will put the pics up! :D. Oh and I have used it so much but I still didn't create a dent! :O. It smells like the normal kryolan products. Old granny makeup. Did not irritate my skin. It comes off with my cetaphil cleanser.


If you come across, SNAP IT I'D SAY! It won't dissapoint! :D


I have used it here HERE. and all my LOTD's! 



THE YAY'S:

- Travel friendly
- Affordable
- Long lasting
- Stays put for hours ( will need touch up sometimes depending on humidity )
- AMAZING camouflaging!
- Does not irritate my horrible skin
- Can be used as a foundation! :O
- Waterproof
- Feels light after sometime
- A shade for every skin tone


THE NAY'S:
- Tub packaging ( for some )
- The shops don't store all shades unless your city has a kryolan store.
- Can look extremely cakey if you do not use it well
- Settles under fine lines after application. Its not exactly a NAY cause you can wipe the excess with a ear bud and then powder it up.
- Kryolan is not available everywhere
- Granny makeup smell


RECOMMEND? YES! DEFINITELY!


REPURCHASE? Not now cause I got two of these and a TV paint stick which will last me some donkey years since it does not finish fast! YES if I'm out of em!


RATING: 5/5. Just cant reduce marks! LOVE IT. SNAP IT!


Did you try any Kryolan products and love em? 


Thanks for stopping by! Much Love! <3

12 comments:

  1. hi!!
    Well im torn between the tv paint stick and the camouflage creme.....
    Can this be used as a medium coverage everyday foundation??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are quite heavy for everyday and don't control oil well. If you have acne skin, go for derma color since it cures and covers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is texture diffrnt from their stick foundation?

      Delete
    2. Is texture diffrnt from their stick foundation?

      Delete
    3. Hello Rafia! This one is drier in texture! xx

      Delete
  3. This price in Pakistan ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cream rubs off on your cloths and within time looks incomplete and bad...do you have any remedies for the cream to stay, or not rub off on whatever it touches, like cloths..i already have fixer powder and spray.,.,.,help !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Themindi, thank you for stopping by!
      You might want to check the amount of product that you apply. Too much of the product may just sit on the skin and cause the product to look bad or too much powdering can cause the skin to oil more and affect the lasting power. I do the normal routine of moisturising and priming followed by a very thin layer of dermacolour (building gradually) and let it set. I powder after it sets. I don't use the fixer spray as I feel that it will be too heavy for my skin. Also, application matters. So try to study and experiment with your product till it works for you :). Now that it is so hot and humid, none of the base products seem to stay put so it can also be due to the weather if you are experiencing the heat! Touch up time to time and use oil blotting sheets or dry face tissues to keep the product looking less cakey :)
      Hope I helped.. much love xx

      Delete
    2. Hello Themindi, thank you for stopping by!
      You might want to check the amount of product that you apply. Too much of the product may just sit on the skin and cause the product to look bad or too much powdering can cause the skin to oil more and affect the lasting power. I do the normal routine of moisturising and priming followed by a very thin layer of dermacolour (building gradually) and let it set. I powder after it sets. I don't use the fixer spray as I feel that it will be too heavy for my skin. Also, application matters. So try to study and experiment with your product till it works for you :). Now that it is so hot and humid, none of the base products seem to stay put so it can also be due to the weather if you are experiencing the heat! Touch up time to time and use oil blotting sheets or dry face tissues to keep the product looking less cakey :)
      Hope I helped.. much love xx

      Delete
  5. which shop did you buy them from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prerna, if you live in Kolkata, you can get it in most cosmetic shops in new market! :)
      Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx